CANGGU FIGHT NIGHT RAISES 45 MILLION FOR LOMBOK
FIGHT NIGHT | By Olivia Leone | September 2018
THE CAUSE :
A series of earthquakes shook the island of Lombok in late July and early August killing 500 people and causing damages of up to 5 trillion rupiah ( US337.84 million). The initial Mw 6.4 earthquake caused tremendous damage to public infrastructure along the
island’s northern coast, and was followed by a more powerful Mw 6.9 earthquake a week later that destroyed tens of thousands of homes and displaced several hundred thousand people.
Charity Fight Night A Big Success
Bali MMA raised over 45,000,000 IDR at Canggu Fight Night over the weekend thanksto generous sponsors and attendees. The event saw 24 competitors put it all on the linein a variety of exciting Muay Thai, Boxing, and BJJ matches. Bintangs and hotdogs filledthe crowd’s hungry bellies, and the thrilling bouts were punctuated with drums and fireshows.Proceeds from the event will go to the Classroom Of Home and Magical LightFoundation and be used to achieve the following:
1) Provide food for the villages who have yet to receive adequate support fromgovernment agencies and NGOs.
2) Build temporary shelters using plywood and tarpaulins to be used as schools sochildren can continue their education
.3) Build temporary tents to be used for prayers and religious studies.
4) Buy stationery not just for the temporary schools but also art materials for volunteerteachers from the university of Mataram to conduct art therapy classes to help Childrenthat were traumatised by the series of earthquakes.
5) Purchase baby food and diapers and other medical supplies for children.
6) Build tools and raw materials to construct temporary homes to shelter them.
7) Help with purchasing mosquito nets and other resources needed to help combat therecent outbreak of Malaria.
A Big Thank You To Our Sponsors:
We’d like to thank our generous sponsors for making the event such a success. Fighters participating in the event received a host of prizes from sponsors, including massages from AMO spa, free monthly training at Empire Fit, a gift voucher for a
fantastic Italian meal at Da Romeo, bottles of Smirnoff Vodka and Captain Morgan Rum, among others. We were also lucky enough to receive several generous cash donations from YOUC1000 and many more.
Oscar & Frank
Empire Fit Club Bali
Lombok Still Needs Your Help
Our Sponsors Included -
Although humanitarian efforts are underway, progress has been slow and the people of Lombok are still in dire need. The vast majority of buildings throughout the north of the island have collapsed and are uninhabitable, and access to clean medical supplies, drinking water and food is still extremely limited. A recent deadly outbreak of Malaria is ravaging an already displaced and desperate population. Local government officials are seeking 3.4 billion rupiah (US$230,000) to
purchase mosquito neds, test kits and to help with the emergency response effort needed to battle the current health emergency.
If you would like to make a donation, get in touch with the Magical Light Foundation
today via their website